User information, also known as personal information, refers to any information provided by you to create an account for the purpose of accessing the resources on the Big Data U website. This information may include, but might not be limited to, your name, email address, occupation, level of education. We, at Big Data U, try to minimize the amount of personal information we need for allowing users to access resources provided on the website while trying to satisfy legal or regulatory requirement.
information COLLECTION & HOW WE USE THEM
Collection of information involves information provided by you when you sign up to make an account, send us an email or participate in a public discussion. We track information which includes choosing a resource, saving plans, navigating from one resource to another, site usage, similar plans preferred by users.
We might also track your IP address in order to determine the geographic location of the general traffic or point of connectivity. For this purpose, a number of web analytics tools could be used. Some of this information will be collected by using small text files that are placed on your computer (cookies). You should be able to control whether this information is collected from you or not by choosing to reject cookies on your web browser. However, if you do reject the cookies then some functionalities associated with the website might be affected.
USERNAMES AND POSTED CONTENT
If you choose not to provide us with certain necessary information required to provide you with access to the resources, then you might not be able to create a user account. If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not use this website.
Comment posted by you on Big Data U under courses or in any form of communication can be viewed, copied or downloaded by anyone using the website. For this reason, we encourage you to use discretion when deciding to post any information which might be used to identify you or against you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We (Big Data U) and other third party institutions that will provide courses through Big Data U might use the information provided by you provided by you for the following purposes:
- To help us provide, improve courses and overall user experience
- Evaluate the access and influence of Big Data U on the educational and professional community worldwide.
- For the purpose of scientific research.
- For the purpose of choosing specific courses of user’s interest or to advance their learning of a particular course.
- To track individual courses progress and completion as well as to analyze the response of users towards individual courses.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by Big Data U or any associated event, products or services of Big Data U and associated members that might be of interest to you, or send you the information regarding the functioning of the website and its maintenance state.
- To archive this information and or use it for future communication with you.
- To authenticate your identity when you register for an activity (courses, content) on this website.
- We will only share personal information about you till the point where it complies with applicable law and is limited to the personal information required to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection
- To allow you to connect and/ or communicate with other user with similar interest or educational goals. For e.g. we might suggest educational plans made by a use who is highly proficient in your field of interest.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- For integration with third party services. For example, other websites not controlled by Big Data U.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Big Data U has various policies in place to protect the sensitive information provided by the user. These include variety of privacy, security policies and other technical safeguards that appropriately protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal information that it creates, receives, maintains or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over internet, or method is 100% secure and Big Data U cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You may cancel your registration with the Big Data U Site at any time by sending an email to Big Data U. The cancellation of your registration will be effective within 10 business days of receiving your request.
updated November 2016